We’re looking for an awesome Operations Manager to project manage the delivery of Techweek’18, alongside a number of other key roles working alongside a passionate and engaged project team. Check out our Careers page for details.
Following the success of Techweek’17 nationwide, we’re planning an even bigger and better Techweek festival in 2018 to inspire NZ’s bright minds and tackle global challenges with local ingenuity.
This is the perfect role for someone who:
- Is passionate about NZ ‘tech’, projects, people and events.
- Wants to be part of a team delivering something awesome for New Zealand.
- Wants the opportunity to showcase their outstanding organisational skills.
- Is proactive, optimistic and energetic.
Techweek (techweek.co.nz) is delivered by NZTech. It's mission is to amplify innovation that is good for the world in order to increase New Zealand’s prosperity.
The Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Project management – planning, budget tracking, data and reporting, meetings, resource management.
- Operations management – supplier and team contract and relationship management, stakeholder management, procurement processes, board secretariat, workflow tools, systems and processes.
- Other tasks associated with the design and delivery of a major project.
The ideal candidate is someone who is:
- Collaborative in their approach to working
- Able to manage a complex range of stakeholder relationships
- Really good when it comes to written communications
- Experienced working with virtual teams and the technologies that enable this
- An active member of the New Zealand technology eco system
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Resourceful and a lateral problem solver
- A self-starter and manager
- Systematic, organised and process driven
- Professional in your interactions with stakeholders
The small print
- This is a full time contract role through to end June 2018, based in central Auckland.
- You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
- You must be able to travel within New Zealand as required.
- You must be able to attend events and other off-site functions outside of normal business hours, as required.
- You must hold a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 13th August. All applications will be treated in confidence.